GA Trucking
GA Applications
Trip Permits
Intl Registration Plan
Intl Fuel Tax Agreement
UCR Registration
Intrastate Motor Carrier
Oversize Truck Permits
Unified Carrier Registration Agreement (UCRA)
If you operate a truck or bus in interstate or international commerce, the federal Unified Carrier Registration Agreement (UCR) applies to your business.

The UCRA requires individuals and companies that operate commercial motor vehicles in interstate or international commerce to register their business with the Georgia Department of Revenue (DOR) and pay an annual fee based on the size of their fleet. The revenues generated will be used for enforcement of motor carrier safety programs.

Click here to begin Click here to begin

A "Commercial motor vehicle" (as defined under 49 UCS Section 31101) means a selfpropelled vehicle used on the highways in commerce principally to transport passengers or cargo, if the vehicle:

  • Has a gross vehicle weight rating or gross vehicle weight of at least 10,001 pounds, whichever is greater;
  • Is designed to transport more than 10 passengers including the driver; or
  • Is used in transporting material found by the Secretary of Transportation to be hazardous under 49 U.S.C. Section 5103 and transported in a quantity requiring placarding under regulations prescribed by the Secretary.
Who files under UCRA?
  • Motor carriers providing motor vehicle transportation in interstate commerce for compensation
  • Motor private carrier (other than a motor carrier) transporting property by motor vehicle when the carrier is the owner or lessee of the property being transported and the property is being transported for sale, lease or rent or to further a commercial enterprise
  • Must be safety compliant through SAFER/PRISM
  • Brokers, Freight Forwarders or Leasing Companies
What am I required to do?
  • File an annual application and Pay an annual fee
FAQ on Unified Carrier Registration (UCR):